8 Clothing tips for your maternity session
When you initally book your Maternity photography Glasgow photo-shoot with me you will have the opportunity to discuss what you should wear during your free consultation. However if you’re reading this now then you’re probably looking for some ideas on what you should to wear to a maternity session. Hopefully these tips will give you some inspiration:
- The main focus of your maternity session is to show off your beautiful baby bump, so it’s a good idea to wear an outfit that will give you the most flattering silhouette. An outfit that hugs the body is perfect, it doesn’t have to be a body con dress but you certainly want something to fit your form so your baby bump can be seen. As always make sure it’s still something you feel comfortable wearing.
- We women tend to have some hang up about our bodies, in particular our upper arms. If you fall into this category then I suggest wearing an outfit with a sleeve that will cover your upper arms – sleeves tend to be more flattering in photos.
- A Long flowing Maxi dress is perfect for a maternity photo-shoot. I have a large selection in the studio should you opt to wear one of my maternity gowns.
- Layer it up – wearing layers will allow you to have a few different ‘looks’ without having to change into several different outfits.
- Belts are great to accessories an outfit but a belt will also help show off your bump.
- Avoid patterns, we want the emphasis to be on you and your baby bump, patterns can be busy and distracting.
- If you are having images taken with your partner, avoid matching colours, its better to compliment and co-ordinate. You don’t want to blend into each other.
- First and foremost wear clothing you feel comfortable in! It’ll show in the images if you don’t feel good about what you’re wearing. Think about your style and find an outfit that represents you and that you know you’ll feel good in. This will help you to relax and give you photographs that you will love forever.
If you want to check out my maternity photography gallery you can do so here. Lastly, I have a full range of maternity gowns and body suits in the studio which have been chosen with you in mind. Just ask about the wardrobe when enquiring about booking.
If you’d like me to create some beautiful newborn, baby or family portraits for you and your family, then you can contact me on 07581 561646, or here, or email me at email@example.com.